ESCRI is a project of the Eli Home, a veteran organization that worked to break the cycle of child abuse for over 37 years. The ESCRI community is a three square mile area surrounding Eli Home’s store and corporate offices. It is a predominantly low income, densely populated, and high crime area, which can create stressors that may result in family violence. ESCRI addresses the problem of child abuse and family violence by looking at a community as a whole and searching for solutions that build a healthier environment in which children can prosper. ESCRI’s programs impact individual residents, families and the overall neighborhood.
- To empower through financial education, job training, family counseling, referrals, social services, parenting education, after school tutoring, teen clubs, food distribution. health education service, and citizenship classes.
- To collaborate with other interested stakeholders in non-profit, business, philanthropic and government.
- To improve the quality of life in the East Street Community.
Our mission is to transform the East Street neighborhood via a holistic approach that promotes self-sufficiency, economic empowerment and a healthy and vibrant community. Our ability to be inclusive and accessible in the community is made possible by the support of organizations that share our mission.
One Hundred Chances is an intern/mentorship program designed to give at-risk youth a chance to succeed through employment opportunities. The East Street Community Renewal Initiative (ESCRI) manages the program in collaboration with local business.
The Eli Home is offering free counseling services to the community. Are You…
- Feeling sad, stressed, or troubled?
- Having problems coping with daily life stressors?
- Having family or relationship problems?
- Struggling at work or in school?
Our services can help!
Services Offered for Adults and Children:
- Individual Counseling, Group Counseling, Family Counseling
Program Requirements: English & Spanish/Español Available/Disponible. Cancelation/No Show Policy.
Flexible Scheduling, evening Appointments Available.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
English as a Second Language Sessions.
As a free service to our community, The ESCRI center is proud to present free English courses!
This course includes:
- interactive exercises
- mock conversational situations
- multimedia resources
- computer technology
- and excursions.
Levels range from beginner to intermediate English lessons.
This class is perfect for anyone interested in learning English, regardless of your competency or fluency.
Space and resources are limited.
Register now by calling (714) 300-0600.
In partnership with Wells Fargo Orange County, ESCRI presents free financial literacy workshops for the community.
Learn about the tools and techniques to help you reduce debt, make smart money decisions and how to protect yourself from I.D. theft.
The workshops also includes:
- tips on how to build long lasting relationships with Wells Fargo Bankers
- introductions to the services they provide
- introductions to the local branch employees.
Sign up for Financial Literacy today to learn how to grow your savings and make better spending decisions.
Parent 2 Parent: A 10 session parenting series.
Network with other parents in your community to strengthen your relationship with your child. Find positive approaches to parenting and build on existing parenting skills.
The program is designed to:
- network with other parents in the community
- strengthen you relationship with your child
- find positive approaches to parenting
- build on existing parenting skills
- and communicate effectively with your child.
Open to all parents or caregivers with children 0-12 years old.
Presented in partnership with the Orange County Health Care Agency Behavioral Health Services, Prevention and intervention Division.
ESCRI is proud to present a free Homework Club program for elementary through middle school students.
Need help with daily homework or need a quiet and safe place to get your work done?
Tutoring is available:
- in groups
Volunteers will be available to help with a wide range of subjects in an open classroom setting.
Tutoring will help you to grasp difficult subjects and increase your academic confidence.
Earn free prizes and weekly drawings for continued attendance!
Space is limited and continued attendance is required for drawings/prizes.
Join us every Tuesday & Thursday starting May 1st through September 27th 2018.
Sign up today by calling us at (714) 300-0600.
100 Chances (Previously known as the Job Training Initiative)
A One-on-one Job Training service.
- enhancement of job skill
- interviewing confidence
- resume preparation
- and employment networking.
Are you in need of a job that pays well? We can help you!
You must be at least 17 years of age.
The class is taught in English only so we also require that you can speak, read and write FLUENT English.
The class offers job seekers:
- Career Guidance
- Collaboration Referrals
- Public Speaking Training
- Job Application Workshops
- Mock Interview Training
- Complete Resume Creation Assistance
- Employment Leads
- Building Interview Confidence